Sunday, March 4, 2012

Acorn and Oak Leaf Bundt Pan - and a cake too!

It's no secret that I love shaped cake pans and when I find a great deal on a well made, heavy pan, I won't pass it up!  I found this pan at the Loblaw's Superstore after Thanksgiving last year for only $12.44.  I used it the first time for a Hallowe'en cake but, the chocolate cake really didn't show off the shape of the pan, so it needed more testing. ;)



I haven't been posting much (gee, d'you think?), but I try to bake every weekend.  The last time I made this Apple Bundt cake it was big hit, so I thought I'd try it again with the new pan.  I think it looked lovely dusted with icing sugar to show off the shape and it tasted as good as the first time I made it.  I used both Macintosh and Granny Smith apples (above) in the recipe to keep the apple-sugar-cinnamon mixture from getting too runny, but there was still some tasty carmelization around the top of the pan, as you can see here.


I'm going to wait until the fall to use the "muffin" pan I found on sale that day for the same price.  Wait until you see the adorable three dimensional pumpkins it makes...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa! If you want the recipe, I posted it last year. Another one-bowl keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete